Easy and Classic Holiday Makeup Look: Bronze Eyes + Red Lips
Bronze eyes paired with red lips evoke feminine, classic and timeless–a versatile look that is well-fitting for the season of love and giving. This is the kind of makeup I would often wear on a date night, or even on a regular work day when I feel like it. (Yes, you can if you want!)
Start with a moisturized and primed base. I concentrated the primer on my T-zone as it is the area that gets oily 99% of the time.
For the base, you’ll see in the product list below that I am a fan of Maybelline’s FIT ME! line. The foundation and concealer give off a medium and natural look which I often prefer. I’m good with the moles and a few freckles peeking through.
Prime the eyes with a concealer or your favorite eyeshadow primer to make the colors pop, prevent it from creasing, and keep them in place. This is a must especially when you have oily lids like mine. In here I just used the same Maybelline concealer.
For the eyes, I used the warm tones of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. White Chocolate to set the primer/concealer, Salted Caramel as my transition shade, Semi-Sweet on the crease, a bit of Triple Fudge on the outer V + lower lash lines, Haute Chocolate on the lids, and Champagne Truffle to highlight the inner corners.
Contour and bronze the cheekbones and temples to warm and define your face shape. Highlight the highest points for the much-needed glow.
Perfect the line of your lips by using a lip pencil with a shade relatively close to the hue of the lipstick if not similar. It helps prolong the color wear and prevents the sides from bleeding. Make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips beforehand ’cause you don’t want funky-looking dry chaps especially when going for a matte look.
This is my version of a full glam facade for the daytime. You can level up for the night by popping some dramatic false lashes on, intensifying the crease shadow a bit, and tight lining the inner rim of the eyes.
Clean brows, blended shadows, slightly-chiseled cheekbones, sleek pop of highlight, a flush of warm blush, and perfect retro matte red lips. It is simple and subtle, yet bold and on-point.
The full list of products used:
- PRIMER: Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser
- FOUNDATION: Maybelline FIT ME Matte + Poreless Foundation (220 Natural Beige)
- SETTING POWDER: Maybelline FIT ME Matte + Poreless Powder (230 Natural Buff)
- CONCEALER: Maybelline FIT ME Concealer in 20 Sand and 25 Medium
FACE & CHEEKS
- CREAM CONTOUR: Sparkle Cosmetics Contour and Concealer Stick in 103
- POWDER CONTOUR & BRONZER: Too Faced Cocoa Contour Palette in Light to Medium (Used: Medium Cocoa, Dark Cocoa)
- HIGHLIGHTER: theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
- BLUSH: Wet n Wild Color Icon Blusher in Mellow Wine
- SETTING SPRAY: Milani Make it Last Setting Spray
- BROW PENCIL: Darkness Paris Eyebrow Auto Eyebrow Pencil (04 Dark Brown)
- BROW MASCARA: Maybelline Fashion Brow in Dark Brown
- EYESHADOW: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette (Used: White Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Semi-sweet, Triple Fudge, Haute Chocolate, Champagne Truffle)
- EYELINER: Maybelline Hyperink Liquid Liner in Black
- MASCARA: CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
- LIP LINER: Nichido Lip Pencil in Blaze
- LIPSTICK: Mac Ruby Woo (Retro Matte)